Advanced Water Metering Infrastructure
As part of this ongoing commitment to Fountain Valley customers, the City of Fountain Valley Water Department has transitioned from a manual water meter reading system to an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) System that provides automatic meter reading capabilities and more accurate and responsive water consumption information to assist the City and customers in managing water use efficiency.
The Sensus iPERL water meter provides technologically unprecedented low flow accuracy with high flow durability. Innovative magnetic technology allows for the capture of previously unmeasured low flows. With no moving parts, the iPERL requires no additional maintenance and is resistant to wear, retaining its accuracy over a 20-year lifetime.
Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Benefits
- Provides highly accurate data collection which decreases the possibility of incorrect meter readings.
- Allows staff to provide customers with timely information on water usage and cost.
- Identifies water leaks in a timely manner, reducing wasted water and helping to prevent water bill increases due to leaks.
- Reads meters multiple times a day, instead of once every other month.
- Allows customer service representatives to initiate new accounts, close existing accounts and address billing questions far more quickly and efficiently.
- Transmits information from water meters using low-power radio signals without staff having to open meter boxes or step onto a customer's property.
- Provides an online Water Customer Portal so customers can monitor and manage their water usage.
Mail: Send your payment to our processing center using mailing address above.
Phone: Call 833-501-5725. You will need your account number.Web: Click the link below. You will need your account number and previous payment amount information:
Auto Pay Form: Click the link:
In Person: Stop by City Hall during business hours at the Utility Billing Department. For after hours, take advantage our drop box located outside the entrance to City Hall.
To view our shutoff policy which is provided in multiple languages, please click the links below:
The City of Fountain Valley had 37 cutoffs in the year 2023.
Water Dispute and Payment Arrangement
Dispute: To file a dispute, please click the link below and fill out the form:
Payment Arrangement: Click the link below to see qualifications for a payment arrangement. If you meet the requirements, please fill out the application:
- What is AMI?
- Why AMI?
- Why was the metering system changed?
- What are the benefits of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system?
- How does it work?
- How will I know my bill is accurate?
- Will I see an increase in my water bill?
- What information is transmitted, and is my account information secure?
- Will the AMI device's radio signals affect the operation of other electronic devices in my home?
- Are there any potential health concerns with the radio signals?