Faced with significant challenges of declining revenues, increases in demand for services, increases in costs, and an overall need to do more with less, the City of Fountain Valley is streamlining its City Hall hours to provide an increase in service to the public while reducing operational costs. Emergency services continue to be available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, by calling 9-1-1. See below for additional after-hours services information.
City Hall business hours are:
- 7 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Alternating Fridays 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. beginning April 11, 2014
- Closed every other Friday and Holidays, please check our Event Calendar for specific closure dates. Or call 714.593.4400 for more information.
Other City Facilities
- Police Department
- Senior Center
- Recreation Center
- City Yard - 714-593-4600: Beginning June 29, 2009, the City Yard is open 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
The city makes every effort to maintain critical Services when City Hall is closed:
- Water Payments - 714-593-4420: Water payments are accepted during City Hall’s normal business hours. Payments may also be placed in the secure water payment depository box at the front entrance to City Hall.
- Water Payments may also be made via our Online Portal at this LINK.
- Water On/Off: Requests for water turn on/off may be made during City Hall’s normal business hours at the regular rate. Requests may also be made on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the after-hour rate. Residents who request their water to be turned on/off on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will first be required to pay all fees in full at the Police Department before the special request can be accommodated. Note that the Police Department only accepts cash in the exact amount for such payments. 714-593-4420 during City Hall’s normal business hours. Call 714-593-4485 after City Hall’s normal business hours.
- Building Inspections: Requests for building inspections can be made at this link. You will need to use the email associated with your permit.
- Building Permits: Requests for building permits are only available during City Hall’s normal business hours.
- Business License: Request for a business license are available during City Hall’s normal business hours.
- Code Enforcement: Code Enforcement staff is only available for contact during City Hall’s normal business hours.
- Street Sweeping: Continues as normally scheduled.
- Refuse collection: Continues as normally scheduled. Inquiries can be directed to Rainbow Disposal at 714-847-3581.
- Library: The Fountain Valley branch of the Orange County Library continues as normally scheduled. For Library hours, please call 714-962-1324.