For bulky household items that can’t fit in the trash cart, Republic Service provides four free collections per year where residents can put out up to ten large items per collection. They call it the 10/4 Program. Residents should call Republic Services at 714-847-3581 to schedule a bulky item pickup. Qualifying items include:
- Furniture, mattresses, box springs, bed frames, headboards, and footboards;
- Area rugs, rolled and secured, not to exceed 6 ft. in length;
- Household appliances such as ovens, built in stove tops, range hoods; refrigerators, dishwashers, water heaters, water softeners, clothes washer or dryer, trash compactor, and microwave ovens;
- Pool equipment;
- Moving boxes and shipping cartons in excess of the Recycling Cart capacity;
- Bagged trash in excess of the Trash Cart capacity -- not to exceed 40 lbs. per bag and sealed with string, tape, plastic or wire tie; and
- Securely bundled palm fronds, or tree trimmings/branches in excess of Green Waste Cart capacity, not to exceed 4 ft. in length and 40 lbs. per bundle.
Material not accepted includes:
- Electronic waste (TVs, computers, audio equipment, electronic games)
- Oil, gas, and automobile fluid waste;
- Hazardous waste;
- Construction waste;
- Remodeling items such as intact vanity cabinets, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, intact windows and doors, cast iron tubs;
- Commercial waste; and
- Yard waste.