"Disasters Don’t Plan Ahead. You can."
Prepare and plan for any event that may cause you to go for three days without electricity, water service, access to a supermarket or other local services. It is a time to prepare yourself, your family and your loved ones for any emergency. Just follow these three steps:
- Get a Kit: Keep enough emergency supplies on hand for you and those in your care, including water, non-perishable food, first aid, prescriptions, flashlights and a battery-powered radio. For a complete checklist of supplies, visit www.ReadyOC.org.
- Make a Plan: Discuss, agree on, and document an emergency plan with those in your care. For sample plans, see www.ReadyOC.org. Work with your neighbors, colleagues and others to build a community network of resilience.
- Be Informed: Information is available to assist you from local, state, and federal resources. You can find preparedness information by:
- Signing up for emergency alerts and notifications at www.AlertOC.com
- Accessing www.ReadyOC.org to learn what to do before, during, and after an emergency.
Additional resources are available for people with disabilities and others with access and functional needs:
For more about information about Emergency Preparedness and what you can do to plan, please visit our Emergency Preparedness page: http://www.fountainvalley.org/246/8851/Emergency-Preparedness